17 September 2016

Friday Became Family Day

From a crippling Thursday, Friday and Saturday have been amazingly good.  Friday, my brother Michael arrived for his visit at 11.00 am.  Unexpectedly, over the day, nearly all the family arrived with the last leaving after dinner at 7.30 pm.  An afternoon sleep carried me through.  I am still OK today.  Seems the change in medication is working.

Today I am providing two blog entries: Friday Became Family Day and S’s First Birthday.

Milkshakes

Brothers D & M, grandchildren Z and E enjoying our milkshakes – the tradition is growing!




Lunch

E and Z joined Barbara and I in eating Arnott’s Saos, vegemite and cheese for lunch.  Love their moustaches.




Thing 1 and 2

E’s idea to have she and Z dress as Thing 1 and Thing 2, visiting Michael and I in the backyard.




Brothers

The brothers of sixty-four years.



Relaxing

Grandma, uncle and aunt relaxing with E and Z before dinner.






Shopping

J, E and Z and W and I walked up the street to the nearby Chinese noodle and food restaurant to buy dinner.  Love W’s photo of E and Z with me!






Dinner

E and Z played the piano before we sat down and enjoyed out dinner together.






Moon

Yesterday my friend LG from Singapore emailed this message:

'I don't know if you can see the moon in Sydney.  At this time of the lunar year the moon is supposed to be at its brightest and roundest, and we Chinese celebrate the mid-autumn festival.  It's cold and wet and moonless here but anyway, happy mid-autumn festival to you and your family.'

LG, the moon was bright here last night.  The photo is taken looking east from our backyard with the shadow of our neighbour's roofline and trees around us.  A wonderful end of a special day.


No comments:

Post a Comment