05 April 2011

Bathurst, Saturday 2 April


Saturday we travelled from Glebe to Bathurst and back to visit friends, arriving for lunch and leaving about 7.30 pm.  It was the one part of the South Australia trip we kept.

We arrived to a delicious cheese and tapas lunch, talked a lot; slept for over an hour in the ‘grannie flat’; went to Relay for Cancer rally at the show ground the two children played in a band while people began their walking around the showground following the official opening; talked some more and had an early dinner.

The dinner was special – spicy lamb with potato and salad and Anne’s famous sponge cake followed by photos with these friends wearing their DHC 60th birthday T-shirts.

Our two families are so intertwined we think of ourselves as an extended and close family.  Each generation is about 15 years apart from the other.  In the 1990’s Brien strongly advised Barbara and I to live life while we could – take the travelling opportunities, visit with friends and family, because you do not know what the future holds.  We are glad we followed Brien’s advice.


On the way home I felt very tired and wanted to say to Barbara, ‘let’s stay at that motel’, but I knew I would be much happier waking up in my own bed.  When I got into bed I was shivery.  We put an extra blanket on and Barbara prayed for me to settle down and sleep, which I did.  It was a good night’s sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture, and nice shirts Mcleodians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really rate the shirts! Looking good Mcleods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a very nice day and the shirts really work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will, thanks for the good sizes in shirts :) - Jess

    ReplyDelete