21 September 2011

Odds and Sods

This entry is an extra catch up before chemo round 12.

My Armidale visit was very enjoyable: the two day Financial Analysis for Better Commercial Lending seminar went well at Community Mutual Group.  I enjoyed visiting with Henry and Noelene, friends from Glebe Christian Youth Club days in the early 1970s, and catching up with my second cousin Joanne and her husband Colin.

Back home on Wednesday 14 February, I felt pumped up from Armidale and looking forward to Lake Eyre.  I had breakfast out at my favourite Pain de Sucre CafĂ© and did the Sudoku and most of the crosswords in the Daily Telegraph; caught up on administration matters; and then sifted more soil in the backyard gardening effort.  Finally I packed my bags – luggage 5 kg and cabin 2 kg – and tumbled into bed.

While we were away, our eldest and his wife found time to work in the backyard.  So, when we returned, they had removed soil from around the palm tree stump and hacked through some of the hundreds of roots.  They had planted some cabbages and dug up some of the lawn to be used for vegetable growing.  We have begun an extensive vegetable and herb venture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment